Tuesday, November 10, 2009

An Awesome Birthday Present

I forgot to write about this.

The weekend that I got my telescope, when my dad and my cousin brought it to me, I got another present from my cousin and his lady friend. It is a book.

Normally, my heart sinks at the idea of getting a book for a present. In actuality I frankly love books, I'm an avid collector of miscellaneous books and series, but when I get a book for a present, I'm a little disappointed. I'm like a kid. I want a toy. Book? Blah!

But this one is a bit different. It's quite up my alley, considering how I'm now getting more into astronomy. And it comes with an additional cool factor attached.

The book is titled, The Very First Light: The True Inside Story of the Scientific Journey Back to the Dawn of the Universe. It is written by John C. Mather, and John Boslough.

The coolness factor lies in the fact that John Mather is the 2006 winner of the Nobel Prize in physics.

And he signed my copy!

How. Awesome. Is. That!

(I will try to review the book at some point later on, stay tuned).

1 comment: